Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- In person - leave your repeat slip in the box outside the surgery having clearly marked the items required.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By email - to Reception.Z00544@gp.hscni.net
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration.
- By Telephone - daily between 11.00am and noon ONLY
All requests for prescription requests are documented in the patients computer records. The receptionists are required by the GP to give them as much information as possible to enable them to prescribe appropriate and safe medication.
Please remember that you may not always get a prescription, as sometimes it is unnecessary “you don’t need a pill for every ill”. You may be asked to speak to the doctor, make an appointment or be referred to the chemist regarding medication supply or advice on over the counter medication.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow 24 hours for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. Collections after 15.00.